Recruiting Update (6/10/18)
As expected, May was very quiet on the recruiting trail, as the "quiet period" (official NCAA term) lasts until the big July events.
The Blue Devils have yet to formally announce their 5-man 2018 recruiting class. While they did announce early signees Michael Underwood and Carrington Wallace back in January, we're still waiting for the press release announcing the signings Will Ellis, Jamir Coleman and Ian Krishnan. I assume this is just a formality at this point, but I guess there is an outside chance the roster is not completely finalized.
Before we get to the notes, here's a nice clip of 2019 verbal commit Trey Tennyson. Looks very similar to Tyson Batiste; a smooth, lefty combo-guard with length.
- Since our last update, Coach Marshall extended two scholarship offers for the class of 2019: Jalen Hayes, a 5'11 PG from Maryland; and Jalyn McCreary, a 6'7" "big wing" from Kennesaw, GA. McCreary has seen his stock improve quite a bit over the last few weeks, culminating in offers over the weekend from South Florida and Xavier. He previously had some nice mid-major offers, including UMass, Murray St. College of Charleston, and Florida Gulf Coast.
- It appears Brandon Rush, a 6'0" from Warrensville, OH, was on campus for an unofficial visit last week. The lefty combo-guard continues to have a big spring, and has offers from Fairleigh Dickinson and St. Francis (PA).
- Moses Flowers, a combo-guard from Boston, has been really impressive on the AAU circuit, making the Super 16 All-Tournament Team. He currently holds offers from LIU and Iona, in addition to the Blue Devils, and is currently ranked #37 in New England, according to NERR.
- Jamon 'Doc' Battle, a 6'5" wing who hit Donyell Marshall's radar in April, continues to rack up offers, with Andy Toole (Robert Morris) representing the latest. FIU, Murray St., and Old Dominion also reached out in May.
- Battle's AAU teammate Jaden Frazier, a 6'9" big, went on unofficial visits to Elon, Winthrop and Wofford over the weekend. He also picked up offers from James Madison and Lafayette since our last update.
- 6'9" big Ray Somerville, who hails from the Philly area, garnered offers from URI, Towson, Canisius and Toledo recently. He also went on an unofficial visit to La Salle, who offered back in July of 2017.
- In non-CCSU news, Robert Morris got a huge late commitment from Proctor Academy's Philmon Gebrewhit. Gebrewhit is a skilled 6'6" wing who had a number of A-10 programs after him back in 2016 and 2017. Ranked #33 in New England by NERR, Andy Toole just brought in a guy who could be one of the best freshmen in the league this season.
Scholarships available: 5- Mustafa Jones, Shakaris Laney, Austin Nehls, Talek Williams, Eric Bowles
Scholarships filled: 5- Michael Underwood and Carrington Wallace (signed), Will Ellis (verbal), Jamir Coleman (verbal), Ian Krishnan (verbal)
Scholarships remaining: 0
Scholarships available: 2- Tyler Kohl, Deion Bute
Scholarships filled: 1- Trevian Tennyson (verbal)
Scholarships remaining: 1
Scholarships available: 5- Tyson Batiste, Joe Hugley, Chris Williams, Harrison Kay, Jamir Coleman
Scholarships filled: 0
Scholarships remaining: 5